In this announcement we want to share the highlights from our Q1 2018 product suite release.
Fan-Out Analysis can be used to split multigeometry records into multiple records with single geometry or it can be used to split linear geometry into multiple elements by splitting at specified distances or changes in bearing. This analysis is especially usefull for converting data for application that can not use multigeometry records.
Network Analysis Results is now displayed in smart links as well.
This release introduces multiple new expressions to further enhance data shaping within business collections.
- AddHours(), AddMinutes(), AddSeconds(), AddMilliseconds() methods on Date. Adds the specified number of hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds to the date.
- AngleTo() method on Point. Determines the angle from this point to the specified toPoint (the bearing).
- Envelope property on CoordinateSystem. Returns the envelope indicating where this coordinate system is valid or null in case this information is unknown.
- FromGeoJSON() method on the Geometry class. Creates a geometry from a GeoJSON string.
- FromWKT() method on Geometry class. Creates a geometry from a Well Known Text string
- Guid() function. Creates a new Guid from the specified string.
- Millisecond property on DateTime. Returns the milliseconds component of the date time represented by this instance.
- ReplaceDiacritics() method on Text. Returns a copy of this string with diacritics replaced.
- ToGeoJSON() method on Geometry. Converts a geometry to GeoJSON.
- ToWKT() method on Geometry. Converts a geometry to Well Known Text.
The number results that are shown in the result list can now be configured from the result list itself.
The help system has been enhanced. Pressing F1 in various dialogs now jumps to the correct online documentation page. When a help page is not present for the current dialog the home page of the online documentation is shown.
Restriction areas The restriction area functionality, as present in the Lite Silverlight client, has been ported to the Html version of the Lite client. The restriction areas can be setup in the management application and configured per user-group.
The selected geometry can now be copied to the clipboard. It will be available on the clipboard in GeoJson format in the WGS84 coordinate system.
The result list supports the selection of multiple features. This allows the user to do batch operations (like reports, exports or GeoNote deletes) on specific features rather than the whole set.
Two new task types have been added to the available server tasks in the management application. With these tasks you are able to run multiple tasks at once as a group (with configurable dependencies and actions) and start a remote task on a different server.
Warehouse now detects differences during staging for tables running in full mode. Until now, when difference could not be determined from the feature source tables, warehouse would insert all records into staging. With this release warehouse gathers all keys and checksum for the current version from warehouse, into a cache, and compares these with all records from the source.
The benefit of this is that most of the time there are not many changes and hence the number of records loaded into staging is relatively small, resulting in reduced staging time. Another benefit is that the historisation process has less records to compare for differences, and the staging records have the difference type recorded.